Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Plateau

I think I've plateaued. I've been trying to lose the same two pounds for two, maybe, three weeks now, and I just stay the same weight. 2 more pounds means I have met my next 5 pound goal. I told myself that once I meet that goal I can reward myself by buying new running shoes - my old ones are sooooooooo old and I know I need new ones AND I can go buy new pants because the ones I'm wearing don't stay on. I need a middle size pant to get me to my pre-pregnancy pant.

This week my goal is to run 5 miles/5 times a week. I will TRY to not eat cereal at night - that still seems to be my hardest temptation. I must get rid of these 2 pounds! They are driving me crazy. I'm ready to see a new number on the scale.

4 comments:

G Dawney said...

Cereal at night is a sugar craving. The way you get past that is to have 1 big-spoon spoonful of PEANUT BUTTER, and a glass of milk (8 oz). It takes at least 3 bites to eat that much peanut butter. Sip the milk between bites.

Fighting sugar cravings with protein works for a lot of people. AND, if you do this for about a week, I have found that the nightly sugar craving goes away.

Remember to hydrate very well during the day--that helps too.

I think you should get new shoes and pants NOW. Remember, the number on the scale is an arbitrary thing. It's the way that your body feels that makes a difference.

Candice said...

Dawney, I LOVE peanut butter . . . but I have been staying away from it on purpose because it has so many calories. You can't eat peanut butter and lose weight at the same time???? Are you for real????

G Dawney said...

Yes. Just not a whole lot. 1 Tablespoon has 94 calories in it. As a means to over come the night time cereal cravings, it is worth the extra calories for a week. Seriously, you should be able to retrain your body in about a week.

P.S. In our house, Peanut Butter is now an illegal substance. I don't buy it. I CRAVE it, since I stopped eating chocolate. So I don't do this anymore. I'll eat a Peanut Butter sandwich when I am binging.

Candice said...

Oh, that sounds yummy!