Thursday, September 10, 2009

AH HA!

Found you!

I wondered what had happened to my weight loss buddies. Apparently you can run (if you are Candice) but you can't hide.

Two weeks ago I broke through a plateau that I have been sitting at for months. I now weigh less than 180. Remember, I am only 5' 2". In celebration of that marvelous achievement, I spent the next two weeks gaining 3 pounds and then fighting it off again. This morning I am back down to 179. My goal is to hit 160 by the end of the year.

Last Sunday, after getting the news of the baby's birth, I went out and had a hot fudge sundae to celebrate. And then we went to Mom's on Labor Day and had Chicken Enchiladas -- I'm not supposed to eat dairy (oh, the cheese) or the tortilla (I don't know if it was corn or wheat, but I'm not supposed to eat either).

It seems so hard to me, that I only cheat a little bit and it sets me back at least a week. Granted, the sundae was not cheating "a little bit", but some weeks all it takes is one (okay TWO) pieces of bread and I'm stuck.

On the hopeful side, I am feeling thinner. I decided last night that it is time to buy new jeans, as the ones I am wearing are now to baggy. That feeling, in and of itself, is very motivating.

Onward and downward!

5 comments:

Julie/mom said...

Good for you Dawney!!
Nothing like buying new, smaller jeans.

My "shakes" are protein powder packets from a Linora type place. I just use the powder and water. With the vanilla I use 8 oz of diet rootbeer and ice and it is "like" a rootbeer freeze....sort of.

I do have a cannister of other protien powder. I will have to try it today and see how it tastes. I am a bit chicken.

Yes, I have spelled protein to different ways as I am not sure how to spell it.

What are in your shakes and what is the name of your powder and do you really like them??

Candice said...

A shake sounds yummy to me, especially a blueberry one. I want that recipe Dawney.

Julie, do you think I should buy some of the Lindora protein shakes online?

I'm down one more pound today. Yea!

G Dawney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
G Dawney said...

Yeah Candice!!!

I use Whey Factor 100% Natural Whey Protein, French vanilla flavor. I tried the unflavored stuff and didn't like it as well. I buy it Whole Foods for like $16 a container -- which lasts me a week, more or less.

Here is my smoothie recipe:

3 TBL Flaxseed, Ground
2 Scoops of said protein powder
1 TBL of Clear & Natural Fiber (from Metamucil - no sugar)
1 pkt Stevia (sweetner)
1 TBL Lemon Juice
4 oz 100% Cranberry Juice ( NOT Cranberry Cocktail! Just Cranberry Juice NO SUGAR ADDED)
4 oz water
1 to 1.5 Cups of frozen blueberries

I blend the whole thing with a stick blender, but it works in a regular blender as well (although the regular blender puts A LOT more air into it).

Here is the thing -- I just this morning added up all the calories in this and it's 430 calories. Definitely a MEAL REPLACEMENT.

You CAN use one tablespoon of flaxseed oil instead of the actual flaxseeds, but the difference in calories goes from 430 to 500.

Julie/mom said...

Thanks, Dawney. That looks great!
I've printed it all out.