Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Do you want orange juice?

Gil asked me this question this morning and it almost made me cry. DO I want orange juice? CAN I have orange juice? I don't know. Is it good for me/bad for me/too much sugar?

I HATE losing weight! Do you know how long it is going to take for me to lose 20 pounds? I can't even lose a pound a week - only 1/2 a pound. I'm going to have this body for a long time. To lose 1 pound a week, I have to eat 1700 calories. That's impossible for me right now. Even if I wasn't nursing Teo it would be really hard.

THEN, Oprah said that if you go "on" a diet you have to go "off" a diet. So by eating healthy and exercising I will lose weight, but super slow. If I can just lose 5 pounds that would be a start, but that is going to take me forever! It seems that the amount of effort I am putting in, doesn't even come CLOSE to the weight loss result.

1 comment:

Julie/mom said...

Candice, I must say, that I remember after having one of my children, I really tried to eat less/do the lindora thing on my own. I don't remember much, but I do remember not losing hardly any weight at all...and I gave it a couple of weeks.

I wonder if it is a hormone issue, something to do with your body trying to figure itself out. But then some women say they nurse their children and the weight just falls off. Unfair.

I wonder if it would be worth you $$ go see a nutrionist (sp?). Show him/her how you have been eating, your weight loss and see if they can help you, give you pointers. You could always call one on the phone and see what their appt. charge is.

And, sadly, I don't think you should drink OJ.

did you lose any weight this week?

I FEEL your pain.