Sunday, September 20, 2009

Recent Lessons

A couple of really interesting breakthroughs in the last 2 weeks.

After the darling baby was born, the only thing I wanted to do to celebrate was to eat a hot fudge sundae. When I explained it to my OA meeting, I started crying. I suddenly discovered that I don't have any other way of celebrating except to go out and eat something. Working through all of that issue brought me around to the fact that I don't handle the stress of good times very well. I have learned to deal with bad stress, but the good stress is really getting to me.

I read the intro on a book that said that compulsive eating is a three pronged problem--emotional, spiritual and physical. I am beginning to see that. I have also realized that overcoming my eating is process. Although I have been on every diet under the sun, I have only just started to work through process of healing and it is that process that is going to create the weight loss that I need.

The last thing is that every layer of fat is really a layer of unresolved emotions that I have to deal with. (that is very bad grammar, I know) But I am finding that as I am more willing to deal with my emotional pain, it becomes easier for me to let go of the weight.

Down 34 pounds from a lifetime high of over 200.
On track to lose another 20 by the end of this year.

Very happy today.

2 comments:

Julie/mom said...

"Very happy today". Great last sentence! Hope that is how you feel tomorrow and the next tomorrow!

Candice said...

good insight. I celebrate with eating too. Don't most people? Maybe you can go dancing, instead! I don't care what my layers of fat are, I just want them to go away.