Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stalled

I have stalled.  Officially, you have reached a plateau in your weight loss when you have not lost either pounds or inches in three weeks.  Unfortunately, I don't measure inches so I only have the scale to listen to.  Also unfortunately, I know why I have stalled.

First, I am not taking my supplements.  This would seem to be a little thing, but somehow it greatly effects my weight loss results. What supplements?  Well... I take Dandelion Root, a Digestive Enzyme, Alpha Lipoic Acid (an anti-oxident), Calcium & Magnesium, a Fat Metabolizer, a (HUGE) multi-vitamin and Borage Oil.  Most of these I (supposedly) take three times a day. It is, literally, a handful!  It's really a very simple equation...  Take pills=lose weight.  I just hate taking pills!

Second, I am not eating my vegetables! I am so skimping on the variety and amount of veggies that I should be eating.  I eat my protein--and too much of that--but not enough vegetable and so I am not satisfied when I finish my meal.  Which makes me think that I am hungry.  Which makes me eat more fruit--I'm allowed two servings a day and I regularly eat three or four.  Again, it sounds like such a little thing, but it has made a significant difference in my weight loss.

Last night I had a carbohydrate attack.  Really it started at lunch time, when I ate a hot dog, with the bun.  And the ketchup.  And the pickle relish. (Sugar, sugar, sugar!) At dinner time, I ended up eating steak, my third serving of fruit for the day and then... a bowl of cereal and slice of toast with butter and jam. 

I need to refocus my priority.  I need to remember that I am worth the effort of making sure that I am eating correctly. I have slipped back into the habit of believing that what I eat is not that important--or at least less important than whatever I am doing at the times when I should be taking care of myself by preparing a complete meal instead of just protein and whatever is fastest.

I need to make better choices and put myself--my body and my health--first.

1 comment:

Julie/mom said...

eating more vegetables helps you feel more satisfied? That is great. Dust yourself off and begin again!